Posting Title Product Line Manager- Resource Management About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need. Job Description Product managers are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of their product line. They must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product managers work extensively with customers and cross functionally internally with product marketing, engineering, sales, corporate marketing and alliances to ensure whole product success.
As product line manager for resource management at VMware, you will be responsible for discovering and productizing solutions for customer’s needs as they relate to resource management (DRS, DPM) and policy based management (PBM) within VMware’s Cloud Infrastructure. You will be responsible for defining and articulating the value of automating virtual machine placement on both an initial and subsequent basis. You will explore solutions to creating green data centers by optimizing for energy and environment. You will collaborate with other product management teams to drive solutions for intelligent workload placement in the VMware platform. You will define product capabilities, drive product requirements, work across engineering, product marketing, and sales teams to deliver successful product to market.
The Resource Management Product Line Manager will be responsible for managing Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), Distributed Power Management (DPM), and Policy Based Management (PBM) requirements for VMware’s Cloud Infrastructure Platform.
- Define and drive use cases, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features
- Identify a variety of customer needs across the application environment, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in PRDs and Phase 0/1 Exits
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management, and Sales
- Understand the market and competition for the product set and develop product and competitive positioning
- Support planning, execution and go-to-market
Requisition Number 40597BR
- 5-8 years in a technical role or product management/marketing role
- Passion for solving customer problems through leading edge computer science
- Prior experience in resource management a plus
- Direct experience working in an IT department a plus
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what’s most important
- Dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes Location Palo Alto, CA, US
VMware - 15 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...