The Kindle vision is to make it possible for customers to read every book ever written on any Kindle device or app. We are seeking a world class Product Manager who is smart, customer-focused, familiar with media (books, music, video) creation, and has a passion for reading, who can help drive the publishers tools strategy across institutional and individual creators. As a Product Manager on the Kindle team you will help define and build the product roadmap and define the customer experience. You will participate in developing the Amazon Kindle strategy and vision, and you will look after product roadmaps and features based on this strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, legal, customer service, vendor management, PR, and executive teams to bring tools to market, and drive their adoption. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer obsessed, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Create and maintain the Kindle publisher tools and feature roadmap for improving content quality and the reading experience, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against customer experience
- Combine tactical roadmaps and customer requirements into a compelling product and evangelize that vision within the organization.
- Ability to deliver initiatives from concept through completion
- Work closely with engineering teams and user interface designers to define detailed product requirements
- Measure and analyze existing platforms and competitors for opportunities to innovate, improve tool user engagement and increase adoption.
- Establish business and adoption metrics and indicators for success, to support Kindle Publisher Tools mission and goals.
- Measure and analyze existing products and for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers.
- 5-7 years product management experience in delivering products/services in a high growth environment and will have thrived in ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership.
- Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary.
- Proven success in delivering products and services in a high growth environment.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- A passion for digital media and the mobile space.
- Proven ability to make smart trade-offs on time-to-market versus features and to respond to competitive threats/opportunities.
- He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence across cross functional teams.
- The Kindle business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This product manager will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
Amazon.com - 22 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...