The Product Manager creates and manages a process for generating new product ideas, conceives, researches and screens new product ideas and creates business plans to determine new product development feasibility. The Product Manager will be the subject matter expert on Mason Product technical applications. The Product Manager will be the subject matter expert on Mason Product markets, key customers, competitors, trends, programs, and funding. This role reports to the VP Product Management located in Everett WA.
- Determines direction of new product development for product line(s).
- Creates long term business strategy for growth of new products. Leads and may be required to manage new product development teams.
- Leads launch and presentation of new products into the marketplace.
- Creates and manages a process for generating new product ideas.
- Conceives, researches, and screens new product ideas.
- Researches and establishes development of pricing model for new products.
- Directs and reviews the administration of the marketing plan for new products that typically includes at a minimum promotional services, proposals, quotations and pricing, scheduling and shipping.
- Conducts market research and competitive analysis.
- Participates in strategic planning process for business growth.
- Directs sales and related activities to achieve growth objectives for new products.
- Directs activities needed to maximize sales of assigned product lines.
- Creates business plan to determine new product development feasibility.
- Compiles quarterly state of the market reports.
- Serves as a technical advisor on business development matters.
- Acts as an application engineer for the field sales when needed.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proactive, positive and customer focused attitude.
- Knowledge of "Office LEAN" practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed technical knowledge of aircraft throttle quadrants, pedal/brake assemblies, and control wheels and columns preferred but not required to design products.
Job Location Sylmar, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
- Requires a Bachelor's degree; the degree majoring in Engineering would be preferred. Technical degree is a plus.
- Five years minimum of related experience including supervisory experience required.
Esterline - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard