The Product Manager, MiSeqDX, will be responsible for managing all of the product marketing activities necessary to support core consumables, Universal Kit and the MiSeqDX instrument, the first DNA sequencing instrument to receive FDA clearance.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Education and experience:
- Responsible for all lifecycle management and reagent sustaining activities for the MiSeqDx instrument and consumables
- Motivating and educating the Sales and Regional Marketing team about the MiSeqDX portfolio
- Coordinating successful relationships with key clinical customers to ensure successful adoption of the MiSeqDX platform
- Partnering with Global Marketing to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for the MiSeqDX portfolio
- Developing high impact sales tools that communicate a differentiated and compelling value proposition for the MiSeqDX platform and Universal Kit
- Creating and fostering a strong team spirit and assuming the role of ‘product champion’
- Developing strong relationships across Business Units to ensure execution of successful strategies for the clinical market
- Prepare and deliver presentations at trade shows, customer sites, conferences, and user group meetings
- Strong technical knowledge of genomics, next generation sequencing and molecular biology products - preferably in the clinical/LDT market segment
- Demonstrated experience in launching and sustaining products in the life sciences field is highly desired
- Must have proficient written, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences
- Must have experience in clinical customer interactions in either a Research, Sales, Business development or Marketing function
- Experience working in cross-functional teams covering various internal organizations
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels
- Must have sales or customer facing experience
- Must have experience creating financial models and setting pricing policies to achieve market share objectives
- Exceptional time and project management skills and ability to prioritize competing requests
- Must be independent and strategically minded
- Familiarity with marketing research techniques, survey analysis, voice of customer, win/loss analysis, etc.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment
- Ph.D. or Masters in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics or related field is highly desirable. MBA a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to ~35%
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 6 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...