NBC Universal’s Digital Media Delivery team provides digital workflow tools and services to organizations throughout NBCUniversal including Universal Pictures Group, NBC News, NBC Sports, USA Network, SyFy, Bravo, Saturday Night Live, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and local TV stations.
The wide range of services and solutions provided by Digital Media Delivery team includes centralized prep, transcode, and multiplatform distribution of video on demand content and 24/7 live streaming of NBCU film and television assets. The DMD team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting web-based software tools for automation of streaming tasks, encoding tasks, and the archiving/retrieval of stored media; assisting with support of existing proprietary products, third party applications, media server infrastructure and researching new tools and standards for our business. As a part of the DMD team, you will work closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. You will drive TVEverywhere product roadmaps, enhance existing workflows, identify process improvements, provide strategic recommendations, and lead cross functional technical and operations teams to design, build, and launch new products and execute on new initiatives to deliver content across multiple consumer experiences and devices.
• Define roadmaps and product integration strategy with NBCU brand and MVPD partners for TVE content distribution to multiplatform devices, such as desktop, tablets, smart phones, smart TVs, and gaming consoles
• Scope and collect customer requirements, provide guidance on best practices and applying technology and product knowledge to address customer needs
• Product manage SDKs and define requirements and capabilities with 3rd party developers
• Project manage system and solution rollouts and define processes for ongoing operational support
• Be the point of contact for platform integrations, including content management systems and 3rd party platforms and applications
• Package and present documentation to external and internal business partners for incorporation of services into unique and wide-ranging consumer content consumption experiences
• Evaluate content syndication and engagement strategies with alternate screens & concurrent media opportunities
• Collaborate with cross-functional business leaders, partners, technology stakeholders in running POCs and demonstrating value of proposed workflows and technical solutions
• Be an industry expert with respect to trends in mobile application development and the competition
• Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, Technology, or related field
• Product management and/or development experience with emphasis on consumer-facing mobile sites/apps and applications across multi-platform devices, such as desktop, iOS and Android, or other mobile platform
• Direct experience in a role exhibiting excellent written and oral communications, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities, leadership, team-building, and vendor/customer relations skills
• At least 2 years of direct client engagement experience from requirements gathering to product launch
• At least 2 years of experience with Flash, Interactive Media, & Mobile design & app development from initial design through application launch
• At least 1 year of experience within Technical Operations, Broadcast Engineering or Information Technology with proven success in a variety of process improvement and software disciplines
• Experience with client side web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS, Ajax, etc) & integrating with REST/SOAP APIs
• Strong technical, quantitative, analytical, project management and financial modeling skills on complex digital media or broadcast-related projects
• Experience with digital media concepts: encoding, transcoding, streaming, media formats, media transfer technologies, etc.
• Experience with deploying second screen, interactive, and social TV products
• Experience with consumer and commercial Internet technologies, application hosting, content distribution strategies, and video content management systems
• Design experience, specifically experience in media applications including video and audio