TiVo is a leader in advanced television solutions – our products and services are important to both consumers and to our solution distribution partners. Television is quickly evolving from a single device experience, to something you can enjoy on any number of devices. As product manager for TiVo DVR and Platforms you will be responsible for one of the products that changed the way consumers watch television today. You will chart the path for TiVo create differentiated hardware platforms on which we can show off the best of the TiVo Service.
Here’s what you get to do:
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Outline the Product Vision - Outline the consumer and enterprise vision of the TiVo DVR offerings to be conveyed to our customers and internal audiences.
- Drive Differentiated Roadmap - Develop product roadmaps with particular focus on differentiating TiVo in the marketplace and expanding the “TiVo difference” on our own devices.
- Focus on User Experience - Focus particular attention on the overall user experience on your client devices including setup, use and support of TiVo platforms.
- Convey Value to Customers - Create a product roadmap that can be easily understood and marketed/conveyed to consumers. Work in conjunction with the outbound marketing team that can be used to clearly state the unique value proposition of TiVo’s DVR experience.
- Track to Metrics – Define key performance metrics and goals, such as: sales, adoption and utilization, positive user experience, and customer value and track them through the life of the products.
- Coordinate Customer Specific Development – Work with the field organization to capture functionality required for key customer deployments.
- Monitor the CompetitiveLandscape - Monitor market developments competitive activity, and product performance in conjunction with the respective business owners, to ensure that products are competitively positioned, responsive to market opportunities, and tuned to customer needs.
- Develop Execution Plans - Work with engineering management to develop appropriate engineering plans and budgets to assure fast and efficient implementation.
TiVo is unique. We are successful because of diversity of thought, skill sets, experience, and pure talent.
- Strategic vision, self-starter, leader, high energy level, excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of the media and consumer electronics space
- 3-5 years product management experience with consumer oriented products
- Strong analytical skills in both establishing business / financial / operational goals, and measuring and analyzing performance
- Strong writing and presentation skills; TiVo expects product managers to be able to prepare, present and defend business justifications to senior members of the executive team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate capability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize activities for optimal results
- Strong team orientation and a track record of working collaboratively with internal and external team members in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required (must have a technical undergraduate degree or be able to demonstrate technical capabilities with job experience)
- MBA preferred, or representative experience of equal value
TiVo - 21 months ago