The Product Manager plays a vital role in conceptualizing hCentive's product portfolio. S(he) is responsible for conceptualizing and defining the products that hCentive will bring to market. S(he) will define and obtain consensus on the value proposition and market positioning, develop a time line for market entry with products and releases, and engage in market outreach, customer engagement activities.
The Product Manager works with current and prospective customers to share product direction and understand customers' relative priorities. S(he) will also help define the product's capabilities, features, and functions. The Product Manager collaborates with business analysts, business architects, project managers, sales staff, and marketing specialists to craft the product requirements, backlog, and release cycles. The Product Manager works very closely with the product engineering teams to ensure that requirements are well understood, and the product is engineered appropriately.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Product Management: Quality and timely delivery of product management deliverables throughout the product's lifecycle - from concept through launch. Product deliverables include Product Capability and Roadmap, Customer Validation Inputs, Product Requirements, Traceability Matrix, Business Services Catalog, User Experience Design, Product Business Documentation, End User Training Material, and Product White Papers.
- Engineering Support: Develop great working relationships with the product engineering team by effectively communicating the requirements of the product, proactive management of the product backlog, and ensuring that product features as defined are built to quality.
- Product Marketing Support: Assist in driving product strategy. Operationalize a process for maintaining product capabilities by staying ahead of the competition based on external and internal inputs. Work closely with product teams, development teams, sales and others to identify key growth areas. Evangelize product and features to internal and external stakeholders.
- Sales Support: Own the communication of product capabilities, and customer value proposition. Lead the collection of market intelligence and customer feedback ensure an exceptional customer demo experience and ownership of the continuous improvisation of the Demo versions of the product.
- Alignment with Industry: Keep track of directional and compliance changes in the Healthcare industry as relevant to hCentive's product and incorporate appropriate innovations into the product. Analyze the marketplace, customers, and competitors to determine the right product features and benefits. Analyze and help respond to customer proposal requests.
- Proven experience in a product management role. Healthcare insurance and related experience will be a plus.
- Proven ability to bring common sense solutions to problems and lead creative resolution of complex business issues
- Proven leadership ability and evidence of leading by influencing in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to conduct customer workshops with Business and IT stakeholders to validate product direction and requirements
- Proven ability to collate, analyze, and synthesize primary and secondary market research data as it relates to the product, its competitors and the competition
- Proven experience in managing distributed teams that include geographically disperse teams.
- Individual drive and a get-it-done attitude.
- Strong, collaborative team player that is willing to work towards aggressive schedules
- Excellent communicator with internal and external Senior and Mid-level Managers
- Experience in interfacing with customers of all sizes
- 6 to 8 years Industry experience – Health IT Systems and/or Operations in Health Insurance Plans, Benefit Administration, Wellness, Ancilliary Products with a focus on customer acquisition and management processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Healthcare domain, specifically healthcare reform, ARRA Hitech is a plus
- Demonstrated thought leadership on healthcare industry trends and ability to identify opportunities for innovation and transformation.
- A thorough understanding of healthcare finance (Health Plan and/or Health Systems) business processes, stakeholders, and interest as a point of departure for innovative ideas for the marketplace
- Product Management/Release Expertise
- Strong understanding and experience in Healthcare Business Application Software Product Management
- Experience in designing business capabilities of scalable, cloud-based enterprise software and consumer oriented web applications
- Thorough understanding and expertise of Business Architecture concepts.
- Experience in having led the development and release management of complex enterprise software products and solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business, or related field; MBA desired
Please note: this is a full time position. We are not interested in independent contracts.
hCentive is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
hCentive - 5 months ago