Mobile Commerce Daily, one of the leading mobile industry publications, has named Walmart as the 2012 Mobile Retailer of the Year!
This is a highly coveted award and I am incredibly proud that the industry has recognized the hard work and dedication our organization has made to mobile in 2012. It’s exciting to see the advances we have made over the past 12 months.
We have a new, high-profile role available as the Product Manager, International Mobile Products.
How would you like to create something new and innovative for a company with a huge global audience in the world’s biggest markets?
How would you like to combine the small structure and nimble nature of a startup with the resources of the world’s biggest company?
You can do all of these things if you join our team.
We won’t be satisfied just doing run of the mill apps and sites – we really can change the way people shop!
You have the opportunity to be a key member of the leadership team and work with counterparts that believe strongly in the value of product innovation along with user experience in creating great products.
The International Mobile Product Manager is responsible for driving the management and execution of the international mobile product portfolio for Walmart. The candidate must effectively translate business goals and end user needs into product strategies, as well as develop product roadmaps and specifications that deliver business and customer value.
This individual must have a deep understanding of our international customers' needs, the product portfolio, and the competitive landscape. The international mobile product manager acts as the product champion for a range of products in the international mobile portfolio at Walmart, and is able to evangelize the product vision effectively to senior stakeholders, working closely with multiple distributed teams on advancing Walmart’s mobile application efforts. This will include maintenance of current mobile products, initiatives that enhance the existing product portfolio and development of new mobile products.
The candidate must be an excellent communicator and build strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally and within distributed teams. This individual is a strategic and analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, a strong work ethic, and a detail and results oriented approach. The candidate’s product management experience, understanding of agile software development methodologies, experience of working in distributed teams and knowledge of the mobile ecosystem is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
Due to the nature of this role, international travel might be required approximately 1-2 times a year.
• Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, definition, and roadmap for a product area in support of business goals, end user needs, competitive solutions, industry standards, and emerging technologies
• Manages maintenance of mobile products to ensure alignment with the wider Walmart ecommerce product strategy
• Collaborates with the local market business, design, and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features
• Specifies, prioritizes, and communicates high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows, and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Product Management
• Supports product implementation and deployment for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects
• Works closely with design, engineering, project management, and QA during the product development process to ensure the successful launch of apps meeting business needs
• Partners with marketing, public relations, and the business units on the product launch plan to maximize public exposure and widespread product adoption
• Reviews customer & market research, user feedback, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
• Defines, tracks and improves key product metrics
• Manages partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field and 5 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) degree
• Startup experience a plus
• 1 year experience working with distributed teams
Product Manager, International Mobile Products
Walmart Stores - 22 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...