The American health care industry is undergoing tremendous change. High deductible health plans have been on the rise for years, causing patients to take on more responsibility for an ever-increasing portion of their medical bills. The Affordable Care Act is expected to drive more than 30 million newly insured patients to these types of plans, which will only intensify the situation.
With higher out-of-pocket healthcare expenses come a larger number of people who have trouble paying their medical bills. Unpaid medical bills can lead to financial crisis for patients, and can keep them from getting the care they need, when they need it. For healthcare providers, unpaid medical bills can lead to increased write-offs and a weaker financial footing, threatening their ability to provide quality care to their community.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, just outside Portland, CarePayment offers healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer credit laws. CarePayment partners with healthcare providers to offer co-branded patient-friendly financing programs with the retail-like engagement, service, and technology experience consumers expect.
Founded in 2004, CarePayment is an industry leader now serving more than 139 facilities and clinics and 1.25 million patients with $780 million in life-to-date balances. CarePayment is backed by Aequitas Capital Management, which builds income-producing alternative investment solutions for institutional and high net worth clients. With this foundation, CarePayment has the financial strength to expand its best-in-class solutions to an even wider market. Our mission is to help people access and pay for healthcare and help providers maintain a strong presence in their community.
The product manager’s primary responsibility is to help drive the product innovation process from product conceptualization to launch. Responsibilities include participating in product ideation and business case development, product definition and requirements generation, and driving the product management process. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment. This role requires a deep understanding of product management methodologies, processes, and tools. The candidate must have excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, and experience in consumer credit product management. This position reports to the Vice President, Product Management.
- Lead the requirements analysis process and translate business and user needs into product requirements documents for assigned products and initiatives
- Engage appropriate compliance, legal, and finance resources
- Drive and/or participate in third party solution analysis
- Participate in prioritizing product requirements
- Create user stories and support the creation of wireframes and UI mockups
- Test each user story and provide clarifications after each sprint
- Work with business owners in UAT before every major release
- Coordinate regular releases for assigned products and initiatives
- Develop and manage project plans related to assigned products and initiatives
- Support internal and external communication of release status
- Coordinate and originate client-facing documentation, release notes, and training materials
- Train the sales teams on the market and product; act as a subject matter expert
- Support the creation of collateral and sales tools by marketing communications
- Participate in identifying client and market needs and insights, competitive analysis, and market research initiatives
- Analyze product performance; measure and communicate product KPIs at designated intervals
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education : BA or BS Degree in management, marketing, economics, finance, or other appropriate discipline
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3-5+ years of experience in a product management role in the healthcare financial accounts, healthcare revenue cycle, banking and/or financial services industry
- Experience on online payments desirable
- Ability to demonstrate deep knowledge in development lifecycle, including experience with product requirements documents, business case development, and analyzing ROI strategy, roadmap, and products
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodology
- Strong financial or accounting skills required; highly quantitative, analytic, and data oriented
- Project management skills, including proven experience with project management tools, methods, and software
- Strong sense of product ownership and accountability, driving toward defined goals and objectives
- Team player with a passion for excellence and innovation
- Highly focused with strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to gather requirements, drive the process, and achieve consensus ¨
- Eager to achieve continuous improvement in our products
- Highly self-motivated and objective driven ¨
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to manage changing priorities with a positive attitude
- Willingness to uphold the philosophies outlined in The Aequitas Way
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- This role will require travel of up to 30% at times
CarePayment is owned by Aequitas Capital Management, a leading alternative asset management company. Aequitas offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including company-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...