Audible (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon) is looking for a results oriented thought leader in its Product Management team at a leadership level (Director/Sr. Director or VP level).
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Establish and drive the product strategy and vision for a sub-set within our product portfolio – which consists of a variety of focus areas: core E-commerce suite, Amazon tablet integration offerings, Mobile offerings, new products, and International expansion focus.
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting of and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders including the senior leadership team.
- Work closely with business groups (marketing, merchandising), engineering, finance, design, program management, legal and other internal teams to deliver products globally.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Superior verbal and written communications skills.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer oriented products to market.
- Partner with product and technical managers (both within Audible and with Amazon teams) to identify and influence development of new products, features, and functionalities.
- Write market, functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams
- Create and maintain sequencing of projects, prioritization and tradeoffs vis-à-vis short-term and longer-term strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others. Work with other business partners to perform deep data driven analysis of businesses to surface actionable insights and product requirements; drive the implementation of recommendations derived from analysis into product features.
· Dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
· 2 + years’ experience in related positions with increasing responsibility.
- 1+ years of experience in mass market consumer focused e-commerce / software / wireless / software product management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BA/BS required (preferably in a computer science related disciple)
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
- A knowledge and/or understanding of Web applications, Mobile and/or innovative new product-platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
MBA / related credentials are strongly preferred.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amazon.com - 13 months ago