Cloudant, an IBM Company, provides the world’s first globally distributed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) for loading, storing, analyzing, and distributing operational application data for developers of large and/or fast- growing web and mobile applications. Delivered as a managed cloud service, Cloudant technology accelerates time-to-market and time-to-innovation because it frees developers from the mechanics of data management so they can focus exclusively on creating great applications. It also offers high availability, elastic scalability, and innovative mobile device synchronization. For more information, visit https://cloudant.com/.
As Product Manager, you will guide a team tasked with building and maintaining Cloudant’s core platform or many of the extensions of the product and service. This includes working with engineering technical plans and solutions to working with marketing on delivering new releases to the field. As such, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Analyze the competitive landscape via primary and secondary market research with the end goal of identifying trends and opportunities that Cloudant can exploit through new products and services
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, working with engineering and visiting customers
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
- Work with engineering during the release cycle to workout issue and come up with project plans and deliverable dates
- Work with sales and marketing during and after a release to educate the field and create sales tools
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience
- Knowledgeable in database solutions or distributed systems
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe
Cloudant - 8 months ago