Don't wait to jumpstart your career! Seize this
opportunity to work for the company that was chosen as
Best Tour Operator, Reader’s Choice Awards by Leisure
Group Travel! Collette Vacations sells over 125 guided
tours to all 7 continents and has offices around the
globe. Our family owned company has a proven track
record of over 93 years of sales success and are
continuing to grow.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager for our
Pawtucket RI location.
Do you live to travel and tell everyone you know about
why they should too? Are you creative in even the most
vexing situations, always seeking out a better way to
see life from the road? Then, Collette Vacations has an
opportunity you will want to hear about. The Product
Manager role is the key position within our company as
you alone decide how our passengers will see the world,
traversing 7 continents across 3 product lines and 150
tour products. We have been in business 98 years and
consistently enjoy the highest satisfaction rating in
the guided travel business from passengers. Our
passengers love touring with us and we are looking for
the next generation product manager who will love
designing the next generation tour products for them!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Product Manager has responsibility for four key
areas of expertise:
- Customer Experience
- Territory & Vendor Relations
- Financial Management
- Internal Marketing
The Product Manager is the front line force between
Collette and its most valuable assets, our passengers.
The Product Manager is the creative and business force
behind tour design and flow. For this reason, the
successful PM will be able to think creatively when
designing new tours and also when updating existing
management including pricing targets, channels of
- For new tour design – create initial pitch to senior
distribution, customer persona and initial tour flow.
Conduct competitor research, run initial proforma. If
approved, complete contracting cycle ensuring margin
leveraging market research, competitor knowledge,
- Consistently update and refresh current tours
customer surveys and data and vendor contacts.
service issues in your assigned region, including
- Respond quickly and efficiently to any quality and
modifying tour pacing, flow and venues.
regions so as to maximize the customer’s on tour
- Educate all teams on all products within assigned
on all projects within the region so as to ensure smooth
- Works closely to develop and mentor the product team
Business & Financial Management
all tour products within the region(s) managed. Stay
- Conduct thorough research and competitor analysis of
on top of trends – sight, hotel, excursions and
pricing – evolving in the marketplace.
mix; includes identifying of all tour components and
- Maximize on tour profit by creating appropriate vendor
suggesting profit margin based on strategic positioning
of the tour in the market
products ensuring that your product is positioned to
- Act as internal product evangelist for all assigned
o Educate internal and external sales team on how to
market all products within assigned region
frequent, accurate and prominent positioning of
- Work closely with Marketing Team to ensure
assigned regional products in the marketplace
overall and by primary sales channels.
Territory & Vendor Relations:
The Product Manager is responsible for a specific
territory of the world where they will manage and
develop relationships with all Collette partner vendors.
Hotel, Coach, Sightseeing, Restaurants, and etc
- Conduct annual contract negotiations with in-area
vendors while traveling in their destination for
- Complete and sign all contracts, with all required
the upcoming pricing season.
surveys to work with vendors to insure our
- Regularly meet with Customer Service and review
standards are being met.
- High energy and stamina; Extreme curiosity; Goal
ability to travel roughly 80+ days per year
- Desire to live and breathe travel as a product and the
- Adept negotiator with proven track record of hitting
- Participate in at least 2 Collette trips a year
- Entrepreneurial self-directed spirit
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; MBA
- Extreme customer focus; passion for the senior and
- A minimum of 5 years proven negotiating and buying
and internally networked
- Proven leader, collaborator and influencer. Externally
Benefits of working for Collette Vacations:
- Great travel discounts and benefits
- An outstanding opportunity for growth; both personally
Req. Code : 490
- Medical & Dental
- Generous paid time off and Much More....
Division/Department : Product
% of Travel Required : 30-40%
Collette Vacations - 19 months ago