JOB TITLE: Product Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Product Manager
JOB PURPOSE : This position is responsible for marketing management of select categories within the Consumer Products Group. Responsibilities include: strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, P&L responsibilities, market data analysis, new product development, consumer advertising/promotions, and trade advertising/promotions. The successful execution of these responsibilities will result in long-term sales growth and profitability within select categories.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
- Develops, plans and implements annual strategic marketing plan. Interprets and analyzes market data to develop and implements short and long-term strategies.
- Leads teams and works closely with other departments such as Research & Development, Operations, Finance Sales, Market Research, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Develops and manages Category/Division budget.
- Monitors and influences category forecast.
- Participates on the new product development team
- Manages new product evaluation model, test markets, trial & repeat studies
- Manages promotional opportunities including planning, development and management of promotion as they relate to assigned categories.
- Utilizes and creates internal analytical models/tools that will assist marketing and sales divisions in the management of CM categories:
- Trade promotional analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Uncovering business opportunities
- Underdeveloped categories
- New item opportunities
- Manages all external/internal consumer – based market research activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
Leadership & Management
Coaching, Motivating and Mentoring
- Strong project management, organizational, communication, interpersonal skills – influencing, resolving conflict, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships with CM internal employees and external vendors including outside sales force, food broker network retail customers, advertising agencies, packaging designers, research vendors, etc.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities. Proven leadership, communication, analytical and management skills.
- Creates a vision for the future and leads planning and implementation to get there.
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards team work and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Systematic problem solver, implementing solution to solve root cause problems. Strong Analytically.
- Selects, manages and develops team members.
- Sets expectations, tracks results, and manages accountability.
- Effective developer of people. A teacher, coach, mentor and role model.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Personal & Social Competence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.
- High level of energy.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
- 3-5 years classical brand management experience in a consumer packaged goods organization.