The Product Manager will guide a team responsible for a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
The Product Manager will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with clients and prospects.
The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality and must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
The ability to communicate with all areas of the company is critical to success in this position. This position’s key role is predominantly strategic versus tactical. ~
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to clients and non-clients.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Serving as primary promoter of product offerings to sales team and key clients.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department in developing communications to define go-to market strategy, product positioning, key benefits and target client.
- Collaborate with engineering team to define product release and requirements
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (25%).
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job