Support the creation, development, launch and management of banking products; serve as the expert and resource for bank product information including the development and maintenance of product reports, documentation and presentations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Product Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as oversight manager for the product life cycle for assigned product group, including but not limited to, conduct market research, define market targets, product position, business case validation, devise and execute launch plans to:
a. Increase revenues, decrease costs and extend relationship life,
b. Contribute to overall “brand” and differentiation,
c. Develop targeted segment strategies including product positioning and opportunistic pricing packages.
2. Manage external vendor relationships associated with delivery and support of bank products.
3. Provide analysis with opportunity recommendations to management and appropriate committees.
a. Assess competitor offerings/direction and segment needs;
b. Document perceived product strengths/weaknesses;
c. Understand platform opportunities/constraints;
d. Benchmark current quality and cost with alternative providers;
e. Evaluate potential activities to reduce cost, improve quality, and expand capacity;
4. Serve as the product expert for support and information.
5. Participate and support bank integration and consolidation initiatives.
6. Identify targeted customer and segmented non-customer opportunities, examples to include, focus groups and surveys.
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelors degree or equivalent in business, marketing or related field. Over three (3) through five (5) years of related retail sales or sales management experience. Some training focus on sales and/or adult education is preferred.
In addition to the list above, it is understood that all positions within the Corporation require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly personality, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Further, all employees will have access to confidential, sensitive and/or non-public customer information and it is expected that each employee will have the ability to ensure their work locations and activities comply with the Information Security Policy.
First Merchants Bank - 16 months ago