Marketing Function :
This position will be responsible for developing a product line, writing a marketing plan, working with purchasing function to source product, and directing the after sale logistics of product delivery. Additionally, this position will work with the sales team in developing product assortments by customer, calculating and insuring targeted gross margin for the package, preparing for and participating in line reviews and contract (pricing/terms). This position is responsible for all aspects of marketing including press releases, complete web presence, print advertising plans and implementation, TV advertising plans and implementation, writer marketing and coordination along with all promotional efforts including in-pack and special offers that work to build the brand and/or cross sell other categories, promotion materials development (sales catalog, product artwork), and trade show coordination/marketing.
Responsible for the overall development and direction of assigned stock, proprietary product lines. The product manage function is critical to the success of the product development process that serves as the lifeblood of our organization. This position will coordinate the “input” process to the product development effort including ideas from both inside and outside Flambeau. This position will be responsible for identifying “holes” in our current product offering as compared to our competition, as well as developing and coordinating products that allow expansion into new product lines and new opportunities within our current product lines.
- Knowledge and experience with mass merchants and Asian sourcing.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and thorough understanding of basic product cost accounting, especially margin determination and protection.
- Driven by the numbers; In developing packages of products, pricing, and merchandising tools must have the financial analytical acumen sufficient to ensure that overall package is weighted in such a manner to produce results for Flambeau, which meet established profit margin objectives.
- Motivated by achieving aggressive goals and in establishing long standing relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and selling skills.
- Ability to operate independently with high degree of self discipline.
- Capable of strategic thinking and in providing effective strategies and plans.
- Good presentation skills including c apablility of making professional and enthusiastic presentations to various customer audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 4-7 years experience in Product/Marketing Management in consumer goods within specific industry experience.
- Prior experience in conducting line reviews or in other intensive marketing contacts with mass merchants.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering required.
- MBA highly preferred.
Flambeau, Inc. brings plastic to life for thousands of businesses and millions of professionals, hobbyists, and enthusiasts worldwide. From...