The area: YouTube and Video
The first video posted on YouTube was a 19-second clip called "Me at the Zoo."-- Today, more than 48 hours of video are uploaded every minute. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like Google TV and YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Symphony Orchestra. We are leading a change in how we entertain, inform and share with one another, whether through cat videos or footage of a revolution in progress.
The role: Product Manager, YouTube Live and Sports
At Google, we put our users first. From innovative software products like Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, StreetView to pioneering mobile devices like the Android, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. Google products are the lifeblood of who we are. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge technical and business worlds as you design technologies with creative and prolific engineers and then zoom out to lead matrix teams such as Sales, Marketing and Finance, to name a few. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you can be part of shaping Google's next game-changer.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who will be responsible for the Live Streaming Platform @YouTube. This product manager will build live streaming tools for the largest community of video creators on the web and help those creators engage deeply with the largest video audience on the web. In addition to leading the Live Streaming Platform, this PM will be responsible for leading YouTube's Product Strategy for the YouTube Sports business. As the lead for YouTube Sports, you will be responsible for enabling different sports content on YouTube and enable the next generation of sports video experiences on YouTube. To be successful in this role, you will have visionary product insight, significant technical expertise and extensive leadership and business skills. The YouTube Live & Sports PM combines a great instinct for developing compelling products with a strong focus on users and technical aptitude to work with a world class engineering team and the business sense to drive product goals and strategies.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Develop and launch new products and enhance existing products.
- Work with business development to identify and facilitate opportunities
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Establish partnerships as necessary to drive the growth of YouTube's products.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- Product management experience with a track record of creating innovative and winning Internet or software solutions.
- Masters or PhD.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and convert them into a winning product vision.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to evangelize the merits of Google's products internally and externally.
- Penchant for YouTube and Sports!
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. At Google, we know that every employee has something...