HotSchedules was founded in 1999 by restaurant industry veterans whose vision was to deliver tools that helped the industry be more efficient. Leading with their intuitive, mobile and web-based employee scheduling, forecasting and messaging platform, they have now partnered under the Red Book Connect umbrella to provide paperless hiring and social, eLearning solutions. With its single sign-on platform that allows customers to opt into all or portions of the portfolio, no other company is more focused on using cloud-based technology to address the challenges associated with restaurant and hospitality operations. Currently serving more than 1.2 million users in over 128,000 locations across 26 countries, HotSchedules, part of the Red Book Connect Family has offices in Atlanta, Denver, Austin, Thessaloniki, Greece, Sydney, Australia and Shanghai, China. Learn More about RED BOOK CONNECT here [Learn more]
To provide an unparalleled customer experience by empowering our team and driving innovation
Serving those who serve others.
Service – We strive to delight our customers by anticipating their needs with simple, intuitive tools. We are serial entrepreneurs with a deep desire to do the right thing for our customers.
Creativity – We believe to make real change; we must be the catalyst and bring unbridled enthusiasm for innovation and continuous improvement.
Family – We seek and reward intelligent team members who exude honesty, integrity and accountability. We believe diversity and transparency in thought, practice and culture is an asset, not a risk.
Fun – We move fast, have fun and love what we do all while honoring work-life balance. We are intelligent risk-takers, never allowing blind enthusiasm to overtake reason.
Humility – We are responsible to our customers, our team members and our investors equally, requiring professional courage and humility.
Responsibility as a Product Manager
The RED BOOK CONNECT Product Manager will be responsible for defining and managing the deployment of new or enhanced product features and drive and lead the product strategy / roadmap based on market value and delivering an awesome user experience. As a Product Manager you will:
Define new product features:
- Manage input from internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize input from forums, client services, sales
- Develop and maintain User Stories, Roadmap, Release Plans
- Create experience maps and UI Mockups as needed to complement user stories
- Feature Development Oversight
Manage major feature releases; coordinate discovery phase and user story preparation:
- Manage Backlog – Release and Sprint Planning
- Day to day ticket updates as needed (bugs)
- Create and Maintain Custom Development SOW’s statement of work
- Keep user stories up to date
- Manage Feature Release Readiness & Deployment
Release Notes, Training & Document updates
- Defining and maintaining feature quality measures
- Work with Client Services to conduct beta testing and manage bugs and customer issues
- Support UAT for selected companies
- Develop product briefs and / or demonstrations with alpha / beta capabilities to educate internal and external audiences on the value of upcoming features/products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in an agile environment deploying SaaS and Mobile software products.
- Ability to write clear market-driven requirements, prioritize feature requests, and communicate trade-offs.
- Ability to work closely with the engineering team to communicate detailed business and technical requirements, target customers, and key business value.
- Self-starter, proactive, demonstrated self and team motivator with an ability to persuade, influence
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Agile development certifications
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with strong communication, collaboration, influencing and writing skills.
- Strong business analysis skills: requirements gathering, use cases, documenting business processes.
- Relevant experience in the labor management / restaurant operations industry.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a delivery based orientation.
- Experience with project management methodologies and best practices.
- Proficiency with Visio and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to present ideas and information in group settings.
- Only Austin based candidates will be considered.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and use independent judgment.
HotSchedules Corporate - 10 months ago