The Product Manager, Sequencing Consumables will be responsible for managing the marketing activities necessary for the continued development and commercial support of sequencing consumables. Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Drive the development of marketing requirements, priorities, and plans for continued evolution, refinement, and extension of Cluster Generation and SBS chemistry kits for the Illumina Sequencing Portfolio.
• Work closely with Corporate Marketing to coordinate and successfully generate all portfolio collateral, including system profiles, training material, promotional items and activities.
• Develop and maintain financial, unit forecasting, and pricing models
• Partner with R&D, Operations, Sales and Customer Solutions organizations in a cross-functional environment to ensure successful deployment of new consumables products.
• Coordinate successful relationships with key customers to ensure successful adoption and evolution of the sequencing portfolio.
• Train and support the Field organization to ensure accomplishment of the milestones in the annual revenue plan.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree; PhD and/or MBA desirable but not required
• 2 to 4 years of relevant experience (i.e. internships and/or work experience in academia, genome centers, biotechnology and/or medical device industries, or related field)
• Demonstrated experience in launching products in the life sciences field is highly desired
• Experience defining product requirements and working with R&D to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements.
• Must have experience in customer interaction in either a Sales, Technical Support, or Marketing function
• Experience working in cross-functional teams covering various internal organizations
• An excellent technical understanding of molecular biology and biochemical techniques is desirable
• Must have strong presentation and communication skills
• Must have experience creating financial models and setting pricing policies
• Willing to travel up to 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 18 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...