Job Summary: PCM Product Managers are responsible for managing the business strategy development and execution for their product line. You are responsible for full product line P&L, merchandising and marketing product lines via the web, catalog, and the sales floor, developing market share trends and business plans. To that end product managers are expected to be advocates and subject matter experts on their products and related technologies.
- Understanding and reporting category sales trends
- Manage product inventory with a focus on increasing turns, decreasing aged and open box with smart and intelligent purchasing methods.
- Determine pricing and positioning for products
- Managing Product Content and descriptions
- Creating/Developing Catalog based ads for category monthly and web properties
- Creating/Developing Marketing campaigns to help increase sales floor knowledge and awareness of respective category
- Evaluate competitive trends and customer needs to determine or modify product strategy
- Determine the direction of new product launches for respective mfrs to present to management
- Work closely with sales to assist in closing sales/bid opportunities
- Develop professional relationships beyond vendors, manufacturers, sales division
- Proactively collaborate on category strategy with Vendor Marketing and management and others to create improved results.
PCM, Inc - 20 months ago