As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
In this role, the Product Manager conducts margin analysis, industry/market research, and in-life performance measurement to determine product demand, positioning, viability, and profitability. The Product Manager will create formal business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between the various internal organizations to ensure product policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately. Pre-empts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to the application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes developed to support the new product or product change.
· Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned).
· Manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, and churn, conducting extensive numerical analysis using company data.
· Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
· Project management of all product integration/launches/changes throughout implementation.
· Identify the business and operational requirements based upon the business requirements & objectives of each product.
· Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
· Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal organizations including; IT, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Product Development, & Operations.
· Lead the development, approval, training, and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts to the various internal organizations.
· Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
· Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch/changes.
· Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities/launch.
· Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
· Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
· Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in business, marketing, engineering, science;
· Five + years marketing/product development and or telecommunications experience preferred;
· Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred.