Flexpipe Systems (a ShawCor company) manufactures and sells spoolable composite pipe used primarily by oil and natural gas producers in applications which benefit from the product’s pressure and corrosion resistance capabilities. Flexpipe’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Calgary, Alberta with additional sales, service and distribution facilities in Northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Colorado, Texas, California, and Oklahoma. Flexpipe and ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
At Flexpipe we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. Through our values of collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, we have the highest regard for the safety and wellness of our people. Flexpipe is a global organization and provides a Total Rewards packing that includes a competitive salary, benefits, matching RRSP/401K, bonus, and training & development.
We want you to join our team!
The Product Manager will play a critical role in understanding the needs of our customers and ensuring that Flexpipe Systems’ products are well positioned to meet those needs. They will optimize product’s market position and financial return. The individual will work with a cross-functional team and manage the entire product life cycle, including product definition, product development, product launch and promotion.
- Collect and analyze customer input and feedback to identify unmet customer needs, improvement opportunities for existing products and generate ideas for new products and services
- Develop strategies and roadmap for the assigned product lines
- Develop Business Cases to evaluate opportunities for new products/services/markets/product extensions and developments; review market landscape, competitive analysis, assumptions, risks and cost-benefit analysis
- Work with engineering to develop product requirement specifications and with internal teams to define the minimum viable product by evaluating the features, benefits and cost trade-offs
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies for existing and new products, including: segment selection, penetration plans, technical product positioning, sales tools and sales training
- Develop pricing strategies for new and existing product and service offerings
- Develop value propositions for product users and communicate to sales teams
- Work with marketing and communications to develop materials such as brochures, videos, and animations
- Formulate and track key metrics for the product lines
- Manage relationships with internal teams
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies for the Position:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Past success leading business-to-business products through the product life cycle
- Demonstrated leadership experience in cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness for some travel
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
ShawCor Ltd. - 2 years ago