This is an opportunity to champion a product line that enables next-generation wireless communication technologies, such as UMTS, LTE, 802.11, and MIMO to be developed and evaluated in the lab, instead of the field. Used by the world’s leading technology developers, network equipment manufacturers, mobile device manufacturers and service providers, Spirent’s wireless channel emulation products address the needs of a market experiencing double-digit growth.
The Product Manager provides product management leadership for one or more product lines. This role oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies market needs to develop and execute product line business plans. Daily collaboration occurs with Product Development, Product Marketing, Sales, and Supply Chain functions. A proven track record of working with product development to bring successful, innovative products to market is required.
· Product Champion: Overall responsibility for making the product line successful.
· Market Research and Collection of Customer Requirements: Collects and coordinates market requirements from internal and external customers. Leads team in prioritizing features and resource allocation within the product line. Develops ROI calculations
· Business Plans: Provides input for annual sales forecast for the product line as well as key business activities required to meet target business objectives. Within product line, has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, and managing expense priorities of product line.
· Product Definition & Requirements Specification: Creates and reviews product definitions of new products and/or major product enhancements.
· Strategic Relationship Development: Actively seeks out and establishes relationships with strategic customers and vendors to improve product positioning, accelerate product launch, or to act as a catalyst for new product opportunities.
· Product Positioning & Competitive Analysis: Performs competitive analysis on current or potential market segments.
· Product Pricing Strategy: Develops the pricing strategy for the product line.
· Product Marketing & Sales Collateral Development: Creates and reviews sales and marketing collateral to ensure product value proposition and messages are clear.
· Sales Support & Development: Works with sales leaders to execute strategic account plans.
· Product Development : Consults with Product Development team on project execution schedule and methodology.
* Minimum BSEE/BSCE or equivalent experience, MSEE/MSCE is highly desirable
* Minimum of 3 years of product management experience coupled with 5 years of product development experience.
* The successful candidate must have industry experience in either RF and/or Wireless
* Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint is a must.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to travel world-wide on average 25% of time with peaks up to 50%.
* Strong decision making ability
* Proven to work cross functionally with Sales, Product Development, Customer Support and Executive leadership team
Spirent Communications - 30+ days ago