Synacor is the country's leading provider of premium service delivery platforms and private-label portals that enable Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to easily bundle a wide variety of free and subscription-only value-added services into their Internet offering. We are looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development - someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current!
Synacor is seeking a Product Manager who will be a product leader and the driving force behind many of our key product initiatives. This leader will work closely with senior management, client, engineering, user design, sales, publishing, client release and account management teams to define and execute on the registration and onboarding product strategy. This person will be responsible for creating a robust platform to drive registration and engagement by the end user at the point of installation. They will work closely with Synacor’s clients and other product teams to ensure their strategy aligns with the broader goals of Synacor and its clients. The successful candidate will be the driving force behind Synacor’s new product initiatives, constantly monitoring the market and clients for emerging product needs that Synacor can deliver on. They will be an evangelist for their products; ensuring internal teams and clients have bought into the roadmap and vision. Overall they are the CEO of their products, delivering on responsibilities defined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing ideas, concepts, and thought to identify and research market opportunities – with a focus on driving acquisition and engagement of new users.
o Define mobile device onboarding strategies to use across 40+ leading cable and telco companies
o Create industry leading onboarding experiences that convert new customers into active users of the multiple products offered by Synacor and its clients
• Engage with third parties (clients and vendors) to keep abreast of market best practices and performance
• Prepare Concept Briefs and Business Plans in an effort to gain approvals for execution from executives and key stakeholders.
• Evangelize product strategy and roadmap; be the spokesperson for their products both internally and in presentation and follow up with prospects and clients
• Lead a cross-functional team in the execution of a product and feature backlog.
• Work within an agile environment in defining product requirements/user stories/use cases.
• Manage product delivery to ensure accurate and timely completion against plan.
• Identify and execute process changes to help improve product delivery in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
• Collaborate with team members, key stakeholders, and peers to implement product features across Synacor’s key product lines, including Portal, TV Everywhere, Mobile, and Email
• Act as a cross team liaison to coordinate and communicate product updates and schedules.
• Work closely with the user experience & design, engineering, project management and marketing teams to design, build and deliver high quality products on schedule.
• Develop presentations that clearly articulate key points, tells a story and has sound organization and structure.
• Research and report on web analytics, market research, behavioral studies, and a variety of competitive analyses to track industry trends and best practices.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependent
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace . Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 12 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...