Do you have interest in creating great products? Are you eager to make things work better and do something with impact? If so, then the Product Manager position at Synacor is for you!! With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that reach millions of customers daily. You will drive the conceptual and technical development of product initiatives from beginning to end. You will collaborate with multiple teams throughout the company to deliver world-class products. You will be given access to unparalleled resources within Synacor to grow and develop both personally and professionally. Your responsibilities will include helping to define product vision and strategy and working with world-class engineers to execute it. It's big thinkers like YOU who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now’s the time to show the world what you've got!!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and write specifications for a specified product suite
• Cooperatively manage complicated projects involving multiple teams to launch products on schedule.
• Strong passion for consumer/customer driven product design and development and building products that delight and exceed expectations
• Handle complex tasks that look both into the future and the past of multiple different Synacor systems
• Write specifications, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate product schedules with a team of world-class engineers
• Oversee projects through the product development lifecycle from inception through production handling all coordination between cross-functional teams
• Develop supporting documentation and training materials for support of release, marketing and sales efforts
• Work closely with marketing team to deliver collaterals and promotional elements to meet objectives for lead generation/awareness and client deployment
• Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• Three to five years Product Management experience in the Internet industry
• Strong technical background and prior experience developing web-based or consumer products.
• Passion for technology innovation.
• Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
• Expertise in relationship building and relationship management; prior experience in a heavily client-focused role is strongly preferred
• Good judgment in key issue identification and resolution spanning multiple departments throughout the customer deployment lifecycle
• Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus.
• Multi-product, highly complex, interconnected software environment and an understanding of the full software development life-cycle is desired
• Familiarity with web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
• Quantitative analytical abilities and excellent technical skills
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...