About ACTIVE Network:
At ACTIVE Network, we are building solutions for all types of activity organizations helping them automate, simplify and grow their businesses. Our cloud technology powers business events and conferences, community programs, parks departments, local attractions, faith-based organizations, sports events, and outdoor activities. We deliver technology that changes the way the world gets active.
But ACTIVE is more than a technology company. It’s a company of passionate people that live to be ACTIVE. We are inspired by our customers. We are fueled by challenge. As a member of the ACTIVE team, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment and bring your passion, dedication and creativity each and every day. ACTIVE’s team members are focused on results and committed to excellence. Together, we are making the world a more ACTIVE place.
The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles, winning the best place to work in San Diego by the San Diego business journal. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. The IT organization is committed to being a partner to the business with heavy focus on driving competitive value through the architecture, design, and operations; utilizing leading edge cloud based technologies and impeccable service.
ActiveNetwork Golf, a division of The Active Network, is looking for a dynamic, experienced Product Manager who has a strong desire to help the golf industry leverage technology to grow participation. This position oversees consumer facing web-sites and applications that connect golfers to golf courses across North America.
This position reports directly to a Director of Product Management and is involved in shaping the product roadmap, presenting functional concepts to UX design teams, working directly with development teams, and interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position is a professional with knowledge of the golf sport and superb communication skills who can effectively analyze complex business requirements and translate them into functional specifications and use cases. The candidate should have a solid technical foundation enabling her or him to communicate effectively with development teams, and should have 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager whose focus is on high value functional capabilities and end-user satisfaction.
- Work closely with General Manager and rest of Product Team to define, drive, and maintain Product Strategies & Road maps that are aligned with Market and Corporate Strategies for assigned product(s)
- Actively manage overall product(s) and take appropriate actions to improve product and product line efficiencies & performance (revenue, retention & growth, customer satisfaction)
- Monitor P&L position of product(s) relative to business plans and corporate projections, and create recovery plans as required in conjunction with General Manager and other management
- Work with SEO and UX teams to drive conversions and workflow optimization
- Understand industry business practices to identify key opportunities, and effectively create and prioritize product requirements to meet market needs
- Work with Development teams to ensure a) they understand product requirements and b) active Product Management participation in reviews to provide any needed guidance and clarification in timely manner
- Develop materials necessary to support Sales & Marketing teams to ensure product value propositions and positioning are understood and communicated appropriately
- Work with Marketing to ensure successful product marketing, including launch planning for new products
- Maintain market awareness (competitors, market conditions & activities, key & potential customers)
- Develop business cases for potential opportunities (partnerships, product solutions), including market sizing, market segmentation, financial analysis (ROI), and pricing
Requirements (Education & Experience)
- Bachelors in Business, Computer Science, or comparable training/work experience
- 3+ years Product Management experience, including defining and successfully launching software SaaS solutions
- Strong leader, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
Desired Experience & Qualities
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification and (optional) Certified Scrum Master Certification
-Pragmatic Marketing Certification
- Experience working in Agile or Kanban model
- Industry/Product knowledge
- Considerable creative, independent and original thinking is required.
- Must be capable of handling multiple complex projects and assignments concurrently.
- A high degree of analytical skills is required.
- Normal office environment
- Visits to clients, industry conference and meetings/seminars will be required at times
- There is a periodic need to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines.
Perks and Benefits
- Great work environment and awesome co-workers.
- Competitive compensation + benefits, including medical insurance, 401k with match.
- ACTIVEx, our award winning employee participation program, will help you grow personally and professionally.
- Our ACTIVE Advantage program will help you save on activities, gear and travel.
ACTIVE Network is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The Active Network, Inc - 5 months ago