Who we are
We are building the future of retail, enabled through technology. We passionately believe in this vision and all of us act like owners in acheiving it. What we build solves clear & present problems for our business. We don't believe in following a process for process' sake, but our approach is best described as Agile. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value - day by day, week by week, we make the company better. Deep empathy for our customers & colleagues defines our priorities and actions. Our currency is experiments, not projects. Data drives our decisions.
Who you are
You love products. You know what you're building long term and why. You're passionate about the journey to get there and can influence others to share your vision & enthusiasm. You communicate the who, what, why and where clearly, concisely and frequently. You let your team determine how to build.
You know that the success of your products is determined by your ability to be positive, honest, determined, collaborative and decisive. You take responsibility for failures but defer credit for success to your team. You provide focus through prioritization. Your process is iterative and designed to rapidly create insights, not releases. You know what success means and hold your team accountable for it. You fill in the gaps and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
What you'll do
What your background might look like
- Be responsible for a priority "lane" of our business, partnering with design & engineering counterparts to create and drive a roadmap for evolving that lane
- Build and evangelize a vision for how that lane can improve our business, ensuring all key stakeholders understand and share that vision
- Be a driving force in assembling the resources necessary to ship high-impact products, and facilitate communication with stakeholders throughout the development process
- Define methods for quantifying success (or failure) and ensure that the team has a clear ability to understand and articulate product objectives
- Maximize product and team effectiveness in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Own analysis of product performance and understand contribution to overall KPIs
You'll be really happy here if
- You have been responsible for product management in previous roles, ideally at startups or other fast-growing companies
- You are an entrepreneur who has successfully taken greenfield concepts to market, whether it be within a new company or established organization
- You have a track record of communicating effectively, whether it be verbally, in writing, with wireframes/illustrations or shadow puppets (bonus points for the latter)
- You have enough fluency with technology frameworks to successfully enagage in "how" conversations with design & engineering partners (we build primarily in Rails 3.2, Coffeescript, HAML/SASS, Backbone.js, and other awesome technologies)
- You have data mining skills with intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Your peers consider you a go-to person because you're reliable, creative, resourceful, a good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people they know
About Trunk Club
- You want to make a sizeable impact in a high growth business
- You ship frequently, make data-driven decisions, and iterate quickly
- You have deep empathy for customers and internal users
- You're looking to contribute not just to our product development, but to our culture and company roadmap
- You love working collaboratively
- You're comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
Trunk Club was started to solve a simple problem - shopping for clothes in stores or online just doesn't work for most guys. It's overwhelming, inconvenient, and takes way too much time. With Trunk Club, guys discover awesome clothes that are perfect for them without ever having to go shopping. We combine top brands, expert service, and unparalleled convenience to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps guys look their best and saves them time.
We scour the planet for the very best in men's apparel and curate an ever-evolving assortment of pieces from our favorite designers. With the best inventory anywhere as our point of departure, a Stylist on our team hand-selects a trunk of items based on each customer's needs and tastes. They keep what they love and send the rest right back to us, at no cost to them.
Our team is based in Chicago, IL and has grown to over 200 employees since starting out in December 2009. We are backed by awesome investors, including US Venture Partners, Greycroft Partners, Anthos Capital, and Apex Ventures.