Maintain the development, production, and quality of assigned styles by serving as the liaison between the Designer, Merchandiser, Fit Technician, and Supplier. This position is specifically for the Accessories division.
The Product Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the product development calendar, execution of the product, and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitor and maintain the development communication with vendors each day, style by style
Create and maintain Bill of Materials and Style Master Information
Interpret design comments and add to matrix
Liaison between the design and Fit Technicians
Monitor fabric development (in conjunction with Designers)
Fabric approval (in conjunction with Designers)
Color approval (in conjunction with Designers)
Styling & fit comments during development (in conjunction with Designers)
Manage and monitor vendor communication for each style throughout the development & production cycle
Manage and maintain the sample production cycle to secure on time sample delivery
Ensure that all managed product is accurately ready for seasonal integration at the specified deadlines
PO confirmation and tracking
Size scale management
Maintaining or improving costs
- Ensure accuracy of in-house dates for Work In Process orders and closure of received production orders
- Review sales and maintain ATS or S/O levels
- Study order files to ensure awareness of Start/Cancel dates
- Create and maintain a seasonal Time Action Calendar as well as Weekly Production Schedule per vendor
- Review and provide detailed comments for PPS-Size Run and Top samples prior production goods can be export
- Communicate with merchandising and International any QC issues
- Responsible for repairs
- Negotiate charge-backs and maintaining costs in the system
- Approve invoices from vendor
Research and provide information related to market analysis, trending, and competitive landscape
Stay in tune with the rules & regulations that go along with production of our product
Be prepared for potential travel to work on seasonal development with vendors (international and domestic)
Desired Qualifications :
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Extensive attention to detail related to calendar, quality, innovation and functionality is required.
- Read and interpret documents such as department memos, rep-reports and pertinent periodicals and books.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Communicate clearly enough to translate vision to a party whose first language may not be English
- At least 2-3 years experience in a design department, production department or merchandising department.
- Product development skills preferred.
- A Merchandising, Design or Bachelor’s degree is preferable and appreciated.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be at the following levels for the below software programs
Intermediate - Word, Excel
Beginning to Intermediate to Advanced – Illustrator 10, CS, CS2
Volcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volcom says it's "youth against establishment," however, this establishment is firmly on the side of youth -- those...