We are looking for a recent graduate or university student in marketing, communications or related field to join the PLOS Marketing Team as a Product Marketing Intern.
The successful candidate will be working with the Product Marketing Managers (PMMs) and the Social Media and Blog Community Manager on journal-specific and PLOS-wide marketing campaigns and initiatives, including marketing collateral; conference and event coordination; blogs and social media; in-house advertising, and other relevant tasks.
The internship will be 5 days a week, 8 hours per day within our rapidly growing team in San Francisco for a 6-month period.
What the Product Marketing Intern Can Expect to Learn/Experience:
Under the direction of the Director of Product Marketing and Sales, the Product Marketing Intern will work on the following projects:
- Overall marketing process, strategy development through execution, including launches and other types of campaigns
- Overview of PLOS (including its mission, history, etc.), the PLOS journals and respective scientific/medical research communities
- Relationship of the PLOS and individual journal brands, including messaging, design, etc., across communication channels
- Use of blogging, social media platforms and accounts
Qualifications and Experience:
- Wikipedia – review of PLOS coverage and content upgrade
- Collection launch support – development of creative, event coordination and in-house advertising
- Identifying OA proof points – in support of PLOS strategy
- Comment moderation – analyze policy in relation to the network’s 16 independent blogs
- Social media outreach – promotion plan and analysis of results
- Marketing materials inventory – Develop tracking system for PLOS print collateral and merchandising
Apply now | Return to top
- Recent graduate or current university student in the fields of marketing, communications or related field, with an interest in science and nonprofit marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media tools is required
- Solid written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects on deadline with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively collaborate within core and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated familiarity with nonprofit or cause-related social media tools, including blogs and Twitter
- Knowledge of Basecamp, Eventbrite, Vertical Response, Bitly and ad servers is ideal