Product Marketing Manager
Product Manager, Direct Marketing Americas (DMA)
Position Reports To:
Director, Product Marketing and Print Merchandising DMA
The Product Manager is responsible for the strategic business plan, revenue and profit growth of their assigned product lines across all customer types for Catalog Direct Marketing North Americas businesses (Emedco, Seton US, Seton Canada, and DAWG). Position is charged with product line contribution as a business unit. Manager is responsible for the execution of the tactical plan including development and implementation of marketing activities to maximize sales of an assigned product line(s) within each market space. Responsible for managing their product portfolio throughout its lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and defining the product vision. Analyzes product performance, product competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and develops strategies for assigned product lines based on research and analysis. Includes working with sales, production and support functions to ensure profit, revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts analysis of market segments to identify and develop product opportunities and definitions.
• Define the product strategy for assigned lines
• Provides strategic, financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
• Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, marketing and operations to develop and provide multi-media product marketing responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
• Identifies produce line objectives, coordinates and develops marketing, sales and financial plans for introduction to the market.
• Deliver the business case for product, with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
• Be an expert with respect to the competition. Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
• Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
• Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in the industry.
• Develops alliances with key market segment suppliers and identifies partnering opportunities in order to maintain competitive position in the market with pricing and complementary products offered.
• Must be a self starter and possess the ability to set the vision for assigned lines along with the drive to make that vision a reality.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing required.
• 3-plus years related sales, marketing and voice of customer experience.
• Ability to define new product development strategies for assigned lines and execute acquisition and/or manufacturing of the products to meet market needs.
• Ability to define, plan and execute new product launch materials.
• Must be a creative thinker.
• Proactive hands on professional that has proven ability to take ownership to their product lines and drive profitable revenue growth.
• Excellent communication and analytic skills (written and verbal).
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
• Ability to work well in a fast past environment.
• Must have MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Brady Corporation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...