As a key member of the B2B marketing team, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs in collaboration with the demand generation team to drive demand. You’ll provide market analysis and insight to the product development process. You’ll ready key customer facing teams at PayScale to make sure they can showcase the value of the product(s) to prospects and customers. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
What you’ll do:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products. You know that ‘whole product’ is critical for success, and you’ll work to create it.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them. You’ll contribute these insights to product strategy and planning process.
- Evangelism – be a product expert, advocate and evangelist. Provide content and messaging to be used in demand generation, nurture programs, customer loyalty marketing etc.
Who you are:
- Strategist: You’re killer at turning wonky technology and disconnected features into a compelling story about your products. You see the arc of your products playing out in the next few years.
- Evangelist: You love telling key audiences about the benefits of your products, and you love helping others get good at doing it too.
- Enabler: You know that helping 50 sales people do something better beats a one-off consultation, so you will create tools and content to be used across the organization.
- Technologist: You’re tech savvy and application software savvy. You know in your gut that technology has the ability to enable your customers to do great things. You are steeped in the SaaS model and know that you’re building products customers will need to choose to subscribe to over and over again.
- Collaborator: You’ll work closely with people in engineering, product management, demand generation, content marketing, as well as support, services and account management to land and operationalize your product message and go to market plan.
- 5+ years of software product marketing experience with at least 2 years experience working with sales teams
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing, MBA a plus
- Very strong written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
PayScale, Inc. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard