Under the direction of the General Manager – Silencer Division; is responsible for analysis of the markets, planning and positioning of the products, development of collateral materials, pricing strategy and working closely with Engineering & Sales to support the overall company strategy. Critical success measures will be growing and aligning the current customer base along with diversifying our business into new markets and customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Provide market intelligence and analysis to build and implement a market plan, for each targeted market segment of the Silencer business.
Develop and implement product go-to-market plans and work with the necessary departments to execute.
Develop sales support tools, training materials and plans.
Define and recommend product line, positioning and pricing.
Train the Sales organization to strengthen customer relations and profitably sell silencing strategies.
Create and implement and processes to increase retention and penetrate new market opportunities.
Responsible for Channel Development to optimize our effectiveness in the marketplace through Sales Representatives, Distributors, or Direct Sales process.
- Capture competitive information and report activities, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Monitor industry trends.
- Recommend specific trade communications to improve awareness & capabilities of the PTI Silencer Division, ultimately improving sales revenue.
- Manage technical literature and publications of price lists, catalogs & technical information.
- Recommend specific product development ideas/opportunities by articulating “New Business Opportunities” in a formalized manner.
- Conduct customer awareness activities to ensure current and future customer needs are addressed.
- Develop a systematic approach for prospecting new customer or market opportunities.
Set customer sales meetings, prepare proposals, and facilitate sales presentations to capture new business for the Silencer Division.
- Provide technical sales training to our channel partners by participating in customer visits
- Ensure that our channel partners understand and share our business goals and objectives. Develop liaisons with customers and representatives through cost managed business trips to their locations, via telephone, and correspondence to maintain effective relations; to conduct sales and product meetings and promote sales of company products.
Management of special projects to articulate specific product descriptions which meet the customer requirements, to drive new product development.
- Prioritize department work activities to focus on the key customers and associated channel to bring new business to the division.
- Create, edit, and tailor customized sales presentations to best suit the opportunity and desired outcome with key targeted customers.
- Prepare detailed sales proposals for key customers describing the technical solution(s) to the customer in a professional manner.
Define new geographic market opportunities and establish appropriate strategies and tactics for successful market penetration.
Establish and maintain key commercial metrics to track successes and opportunities for improvement to help drive accountability and future direction.
- Thoroughly describe in detail the performance requirements, etc. to ensure that the customer product requirements are met.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office/factory environment, up to 40% travel required
- SAP – Business Enterprise System highly preferred.
- Ability to use PC and widely used software packages, e.g.., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), Lotus Notes.
- Analytic skills to interpret market conditions, trends and competition.
- Ability to interact with technical professionals internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be self-motivated, fast paced, accurate and possess good math skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Education: Technical or Business Degree from an accredited college or university. MBA would be a plus.
Experience: A minimum 6+ years product management, sales management or service preferably in a business-to-business environment. Automotive experience is a plus.
No agencies and No relocation offered.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.
Phillips & Temro Industries - 18 months ago