At PlumChoice we are defining the next generation of technical service/support. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions that increase both the customer experience as well as the productivity of the provider’s service delivery organization. We value initiative, a “let’s find a way” attitude and collaborative work styles. We are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting growth company and be part of building the future with us.
PlumChoice is undergoing an evolution from a labor-based technical services company to a software-driven support automation provider. Our strategy has synchronized these two models by developing and applying our new technologies to our own technical agent labor force before externalizing these capabilities to multiple market segments. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for understanding the market – the opportunities, the demands, the competitive landscape and the buyers – and for pricing, messaging, marketing, placing and promoting a compelling and distinctive portfolio of financially and operationally robust products and services that resonate with the market. As such, the Product Marketing Manager must bring a deep understanding of product marketing in a SaaS environment and will be required to work cross-functionally with Product Management, Finance, Operations, Development, Marketing and Sales to ensure market success. This person will own all activities associated with marketing SaaS, PaaS and software across the product lifecycle for each.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Articulate in a compelling fashion PlumChoice’s vision of our products, and the value our products bring to the market
- Identify likely market targets, and develop and articulate associated market assessments, segment strategies, business cases, use cases and buyer profiles
- Establish value pricing and packaging for assigned products and target market segments
- Develop and articulate an understanding of the competitive landscape
- Develop and execute core positioning and messaging platforms for the products, consistent with our target markets
- Develop product launch and go-to-market strategies, marketing mix guidance and/or tactical plans and collaborate to execute to achieve target results
- Develop and maintain customer-facing and internal-only sales tools and associated collateral, along with other sales- and market-enablement assets that reflect an understanding of the selling and purchase processes
- Provide sales, event and partner/channel support as needed
- Serve as a thought leader within the company with respect to trends for technology services and support automation, assigned products and market segments/targets, as well as develop and execute thought leadership content related to the markets in which the assigned product competes
- Conduct market research
- Some travel (Up to 15%)
- 10+ years of experience marketing products including products delivered through a multi-tier distribution model
- Sufficient technical depth to translate feature/functionality and technical specifications into value propositions and content
- Industry experience in SaaS/PaaS, technology services, telco, cable, wireless and/or software
- Ability to think strategically about product differentiation, pricing models and competitive pressures
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively present and sell information both internally and externally
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess a ‘what’s possible’ work ethic
- Sales background and Pragmatic Marketing training desirable
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelors degree is required
- Masters or MBA preferred