The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for defining the segmentation, targeting, positioning, messaging, pricing, sales enablement and sales tools development for TriNet’s solutions. This role will use market research and careful analysis to come up with marketing ideas and programs. This individual will be both the strategist and implementer of product positioning and go-to-market strategies to support TriNet sales and marketing organizations. In addition, the Product Marketing Manager will work closely with senior marketing leadership and functional departments including Marketing Campaigns, Loyalty Programs, Demand Generation, Product Strategy, Product Management, Services, and Sales to proactively support the field and partner channels with effective positioning, marketing assets, product education and competitive differentiation.
• Perform thorough market research and competitive analysis to understand and effectively communicate the value proposition of the PEO model and of TriNet
• Create Product Marketing plans, including market segmentation, positioning, packaging and pricing alternatives for TriNet’s solutions
• Work closely with Product Management to ensure market requirements are represented in product roadmaps and releases
• Create product collateral, including white papers, website content, case studies, data sheets and presentations to support TriNet’s outbound communication, demand generation, and sales efforts
• Plan and execute detailed cross-organizational product launch plans
• Create and communicate effective competitive analysis and positioning (against current and potential competitors) and the associated sales tools
• Support TriNet’s marketing efforts to design and execute on marketing campaigns
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
• 3-8 years’ experience in product marketing with a track record for creating and executing marketing programs
• Experience in product marketing, product strategy, and/or product management highly desirable
• Experience with or knowledge of cloud-based solutions (SaaS) is a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Must love to develop content for external use
• Proven track record of successful cross-organizational product launches
• Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive team spirit
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Approximately less than 10% travel.
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since 1988, thousands of companies throughout the United States and Canada have placed their trust in TriNet to help them manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively. We give our customers the economies of scale they need to access and deploy Fortune 500-caliber payroll, benefits, and HR services. TriNet has a nationwide presence, an experienced management team, and belongs to the Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame for being one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies for five consecutive years. We are a mature organization that embraces and rewards both bold strategy and disciplined execution.