As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager for the Flash Array Platform Team, the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of enterprise flash storage technology, be well versed on customer requirements, competition, and market trends. Competent at developing go to market plans that communicate a compelling value proposition and effectively position and differentiate products intended for both strategic decision makers and technical buyers.
The candidate will be closely engaged in supporting product launches, sales training activities, and customer and partner events with marketing programs that highlight product advantages and unique business value.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Flash Array Platforms will work closely with the Flash Array engineering team and is expected to be a technically savvy marketing evangelist starting at product introduction. Product Marketing also works across global marketing, sales, channel partner organization and NetApp University to position products, contributing to lead generation activities and help to develop and promote sales education. This role works cross-company to represent the Flash Array platform marketing team as a part of overall company initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Marketing experience in the technology industry, understanding of flash technology a must.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Strong understanding of NetApp's products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
Responsibility and Interaction:
• Create and gain buy in from key stakeholders for a global, cross-functional marketing plan that includes measurable business goals.
• Drive overall product announcement and launch plans both internal and external
• Develop business value messaging and positioning, given an understanding of customer needs, market trends, competitive landscape and an understanding of NetApp core technologies and innovations.
• Develop core marketing materials, including customer and field-facing product collateral
• Drives social media marketing activities, including blog posts, Facebook Twitter , YouTube etc.
• Develop a strategic product communications plan to ensure a consistent articulation of the value proposition and messaging with an appropriate frequency across all touch-points internally and externally, including product and sales operations, executive management, technology partners field and channel sales teams, press and analysts, and customers/prospects.
• Act as a liaison between product marketing and product operations to produce and publish all product materials and manage schedule for development and review cycles
Education and Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
REQUIRED SKILLS: - Minimum of 8-10 years experience with demonstrated success in a product marketing role - Strong knowledge of storage industry including storage platforms and flash technology is a must - Ability to work closely with product groups, develop joint go to market plans, translate product knowledge into business value and evangelize products and communicate their key benefits to internal and external stakeholders, including press and analysts, customers/prospects, channel and technology partners, field sales, and executives - Proven ability to analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, and business cases around strategic partnerships. - Excellent copywriting, presentation, and verbal communication skills - Proven capability to contribute to and lead cross-functional teams - Superior ability to build relationships with peers among product management, marketing and sales - Tackles complex issues in creative ways and uses originality, ingenuity and expertise to create effective and lasting solutions - Strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment - MBA highly desired.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp - 22 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....