Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for planning, creating, developing, implementing and analyzing effective marketing plans and ensuring the success of Panasonic Avionics Corporation’s next-generation in-flight entertainment (IFE) and communication systems, which are used by airframe OEMs and the world’s airlines. The level II Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for multiple product lines and solutions and will be required to develop market plans around larger systems which are often with greater complexity than the systems being handled by level I Product Marketing Managers. The position will provide leadership to level I Product Marketing Managers toward definition of complex systems and solutions and will effectively coordinate the efforts of several level I staff.
Marketing goals will be achieved through the creation and communication of corporate messaging and positioning used by our sales and marketing teams by providing tools and information that support marketing programs and sales campaigns.
Primary responsibilities include defining, developing, and communicating market data (potential, strategies, requirements, and other information) for all phases of a product lifecycle (e.g., launch, growth, sustaining, and phase out). Additional responsibilities include product training and any other marketing tasks that will help increase sales, profitability, and market share.
Market Definition, Strategy, and Requirements
• Define product and system potential by target market, region, and sales projections.
• Research and collect industry trends, new marketing requirements, customer feedback and market problems, and competitor information that impacts design and global product plans.
• Lead effort to drive new product innovation through Product Steering Committee (PSC) – obtain approval to proceed with product development (PSC1).
• Define and develop the marketing strategy, pricing, and plan for new product offerings.
• Create Marketing Requirements Documents for new product offerings.
• Work with Product Line Manager (PLM) to position current and future products within overall PAC portfolio.
• Assist PLM in developing business plans for products and on-going revenue forecasts.
• Develop and maintain go-to-market plans.
Marketing Product Information
• Define collateral for product promotional material (Brochures, Press Releases, OEM Catalogs), product and product line presentations, data sheets and standard proposal descriptions. Communicate design message and layout to multimedia department.
• Create strategy for customer demonstrations and product exhibits at trade shows, so as to ensure product vision, functionality, value strategy, and competitive advantage are represented.
• Provide feedback to sales, PLM, and PSC as to on-going competitive positioning and product success (win/loss analysis).
Communication, Training and Meetings
• Be the product expert for customers, sales staff, proposals, etc.
• Provide product training for regional sales and marketing managers (e.g., training conferences, Product Chats, etc.).
• Create info flashes (internal marketing memos) and white papers as required.
• Populate and maintain intranet data and format.
• Prepare and present product marketing information for monthly product line meetings.
• Attend customer meetings to gather feedback, obtain product strategy ideas, and supplement sales campaigns to reinforce product features and values.
• Communicate product marketing strategy to executives, product managers, and engineering.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated excellence in writing clear, concise, and well-organized marketing tools.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
• Demonstrated ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
• Familiarity with PC-based desktop publishing (DTP) and graphics editing software (Quark, PageMaker, and Photoshop).
• Proficient with mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio).
• High degree of creativity and initiative required for creation of marketing strategy and materials.
• Proven ability to address customer and product challenges in an honest and positive light, preserving all Panasonic principles.
• Working knowledge of storage array networks, Ethernet switching, QoS, wireless network technology, MPEG standards, TCP/IP networks and consumer electronics (CE) technologies and with audio and video on demand (AVOD) technology preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in public speaking role; possess solid presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully facilitate innovation sessions in a group setting.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Interested and aggressive about learning new technologies.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple product lines and solutions.
• Demonstrates leadership of PMM I toward definition of complex systems and solutions.
• 4-year college degree in marketing or a 4-year college degree in a technical field (EE or CS) with 5 years relevant Product Marketing experience.
• MBA with emphasis in marketing preferred.
• Experience creating and implementing marketing plans for complex system solutions.
• Exposure to in-flight entertainment (IFE), avionics, or other aircraft related products preferred
• Previous experience managing overlapping product/system life cycles preferred.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. to support trade show setups.
• May require some travel, up to 25% of the time to domestic and international locations.
Panasonic - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard