The Product Owner position is responsible for one or more technology products and supporting system platforms functioning as the liaison between the business stakeholders and the architecture/development teams building and maintaining the company’s enterprise systems in an agile/scrum environment. Position duties include:
· Collaborate closely with multiple business units as well as architecture teams and manage short and longer-term product roadmaps to meet business needs, create investment rationale and aggressively prioritize projects and features within projects. You will perform market assessments of competitors’ platforms as well as drive innovation for your platforms.
· Collaborate with other product owners on the team to ensure platform. Provide line-of-sight and accountability to upper management for platforms.
· Perform and be comfortable in a fluid environment where internal development projects will be completed in an agile (Scrum) development methodology with both internal and external third party development teams.
· Part of the product owner team that builds and maintains processes for delivering technology solutions successfully and consistently.
· BS/BA require and 8+ years experience in a technical environment with 5+ years software product management experience, product introduction.
· Knowledge of standard productivity tools (MS Project or similar project tracking tool; MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
· High performing individual who has an urgency for business and proven ability to execute
· Someone who combines strong business acumen, conceptual ability and judgment.
· Creative, innovative instincts, leadership and strong influence and negotiation skills.
· Flexibility and the ability to work in a transitioning environment.
· A love of developing great, innovative products, nurturing existing products and delighting customers.
· A proven history of bringing new products to market and managing products through their product life-cycle (including product retirement strategies and execution of same).
· Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams in business requirements, usability, documentation, and operational teams.
· Solid knowledge of software development and product ship cycles.
· Strong planning skills including developing and tracking schedules.
· Ability to work with customers and manage third parties.
· Strong leadership and team skills, excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation, and people skills.
· Product owner experience in an agile/Scrum environment .
· Knowledge of Scrum and Agile Tracking Tools such as TFS desired.
· Agile Project Management techniques.
· Budget responsibility experience.
SUBWAY - 2 years ago
The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. In 2002,...