Telmate is seeking an organized, articulate, Product Owner for our Mobile team. We need someone who will lead the planning and development of technology systems with business value in mind. We need someone who is technical enough to effectively engage our developers while possess enough social savvy to interact with customers at an entirely different level.
- Translate the business vision and needs of strategic stakeholders into to actionable engineering tasks and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain detailed user stories in a prioritized product backlog which accurately reflects customer and business priorities.
- Create use case diagrams, high-level page flows, functional flow diagrams to ensure teams have an understanding of the big picture
- Ensure that business vision and goals associated with feature sets are communicated clearly to the engineering team, and that delivered products address business value.
- Be the primary product champion within the project team to continuously ensure development activities are optimally aligned with customer needs
- Participate in sizing meetings, planning meetings, daily Scrums, Sprint reviews, and team retrospectives.
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every sprint to accept or reject completed work.
- Create and maintain release roadmaps based on projected team speed, estimated size of features, and business priority.
Preferred Qualification (but not required)
- 5+ years of experience in a technical environment in the role of Product Owner leading successful technical and business teams (US and Offshore)
- 2+ years minimum of experience in a technical role with a mobile company
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of technical systems requirements as well as business initiatives
- Ability to thrive in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to actively manage priority and scope for technical development efforts and to maintain a level head in stressful times.
- Be a creative thinker, confident and able to express complex ideas in an articulate, concise manner.
- Ability to build trust across groups of technology & business people to gather information and deliver projects.
- Experience in social media not required but would be a plus
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, academic advancement, and more. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2011, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years. Our products and services are at a point where other companies can’t compete with us in technology and cost. More importantly, our product offering provides a huge social value and helps keep friends and families connected
- B.S. or B.A. in a related field
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master
- A list of successful projects, in which your role was similar to what we are looking for.