Fluke Networks provides innovative solutions for the installation and certification, testing, monitoring and analysis of copper, fiber and wireless networks used by enterprises and telecommunications carriers. The company's award-winning solutions provide network installers, owners, and maintainers with superior vision, combining speed, accuracy and ease of use to optimize network performance.
To Apply Go To: http://jobs.danaher.com/
The Product Planner is responsible for a $100M product line of network cable test equipment. The successful candidate will create the product line roadmap; deliver compelling business cases to the executive team and direct key development resources in order to launch new products. This is a critical position in the organization and requires a unique blend of technical competence, customer intimacy and strategic thinking. The position also requires up to 25% travel both domestic and internationally.
New Product Development
- Collect, analyze and communicate Voice of Customer (VOC). Activities include market research, market segmentation, competitive analysis and pricing.
- Identifies end-user needs and new market opportunities for new market-leading products and services and translates product and feature characteristics into product specifications.
- Act as product vision owner in new product development teams and achieves vision through product launch.
- Work closely with Engineering, Operations and Marketing Communications Teams to ensure the successful development and launch of new Products.
Strategy and Business Development
- Develop the business case and strategy for growth including market assessment, competitive analysis, and funding requirements.
- Responsible for product roadmap and strategic planning of assigned product lines in concert with Engineering and Business Units.
- Ensure overall profitability growth through ownership of product positioning and pricing for all products and solutions.
- Participate on standards bodies as the Fluke Networks representative
- Gather appropriate market, sales, competitive and voice of customer data to characterize and quantify market potential.
- Maintain expertise on products and technologies through training and research.
- Ability to develop insights on upcoming market or standards changes and translate this into product and marketing changes
- Provide strategic input to business planning processes in the form of market sizing models and analysis of competitors.
- Analyze markets to identify emerging market trends and customer needs.
- 5+ years of technical marketing, sales engineering, or product management experience.
- Clear and consistent communication with the ability to develop strong cross functional teams with a common goal.
- Understanding of and demonstrated experience with gathering of voice of the customer and analysis to develop product line strategy.
- Demonstrated experience bring new products or services to market
- Science or engineering degree is required
- Network physical layer domain knowledge highly desired
- Test and measurement experience is valuable
To Apply Go To: http://jobs.danaher.com/
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher’s portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher’s 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Organization: Fluke Networks
Job Function: Product Management
Primary Location: North America-United States-wa-Everett
Fluke Networks - 22 months ago
Fluke Networks doesn't want the flawless functioning of your local or wide area network to be just a happy accident. Part...