Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: ENG407
Job Title: Product Planning, Principal Engineer, SW
Area of Interest: Engineering/ Technology
Career Level: Experienced (manager / supervisor)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
City: Farmington Hills
State / Province: Michigan
Country: United States Exempt
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
- This role will work closely with our Chief Engineer, Chief SW Engineer and SW Architect to define products for customers in the America's as well as the definition of the platform for the Mid-Tier worldwide.
- Along with their team they will be responsible for market research and competitive analysis in aiding the product definition.
- This position will be responsible for creation and maintenance of product road maps for the Mid Tier platform and NA customers.
- Lead the organization in response to RFI/RFQ/RFP's for new business as well as feature requests and enhancement definition for existing products.
- Lead the feature definition process, to ensure maximum reuse across many customers.
- 3+ years experience in product planning for either Consumer Electronics or Automotive products
- Experience with Market research and competitive analysis
- 3+ years experience with RFP/RFI/RFQ responses. Experience in presenting to the customer
- 3+ years experience managing dynamic teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Power Point, Excel, Visio and good knowledge of Doors
- Technical degree and Masters or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced degree preferred: MS/PhD (EE/CS/CE)
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
- 2 years ago - save job
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including...