Posted on: 2013-05-30 01:36:24
Product Planning Manager (San Diego, CA)
Works with cross functional teams across the organization on the analysis, conceptualization, development, and launch of wireless handsets. Gathers, synthesizes and communicates market requirements including technology roadmaps, competitive analysis, customer and consumer requirements and customer segmentation. Leads the assessment and technical analysis of market information provided by the market research group. Scopes and defines new product concepts, customer candidates and categories. Builds and maintains product and technology roadmaps that support corporate growth, profitability, and tiering objectives. Helps determine business case and product feasibility. Builds story around new product concepts, use cases, UI and designs, and creates engaging presentations for customers and internal audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Business (with emphasis in Marketing, Management, or Finance), or a related field.
- 5 years of progressive experience in the job offered as a Product Planning Manager or as a Program Manager, Product Lead, Software Engineer, Product Marketing Manager, or any combination thereof.
Work experience to include:
- 3 years of planning, development, engineering, or program-management of cell phone products;
- 3 years reviewing and analyzing handset feature set and customer requirements;
- 2 years working with Engineering, Program Management or Planning counterparts overseas on product launch timing related negotiations;
- 2 years working with Engineering, Program Management or Planning counterparts overseas on joint analysis of various customer feedback and joint preparation of reply/counterproposal;
- 3 years working in a consumer electronics, original equipment manufacturer (OEM), or other wireless related company with global operations;
- 3 years capturing customers’ technical requirements/preferences;
- 3 years presenting product designs and features to customers;
- 3 years advising and negotiating pros and cons of product features with customers.
Any/All experience may be gained concurrently.
- 20% total travel required (15% within the domestic US & 5% international travel). Travel expenses paid by employer
Individuals interested in applying for the position may submit a resume with Job Ref. #FE-10042 to: Kyocera Communications, Inc., Attn: HR – Job #FE-10042, 9520 Towne Centre Drive, San Diego, CA 92121.
Kyocera Wireless Corp. - 6 months ago