What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Seeking Engineer with 3-5 years’ experience to support development and sustainment of AEgis Technologies’ software product lines for both DoD and commercial markets. Candidates must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other Math and/or Engineering Sciences. Should possess good communication skills, be willing to learn new concepts and be a strong team player.
Update and maintain current software solutions, including graphics programming, for existing Unmanned Air System (UAS), Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) and other Training Simulation Systems in both a standalone and classroom environment. Use modern methodologies and technologies to design, develop and implement new applications in support of AEgis’ ongoing embedded training systems to work in consort with other Software, Domain Systems and Systems Engineering. Test and evaluate code baseline to ensure product quality meets AEgis standards of excellence. Work with DoD Subject Matter Experts to ensure software enhancements and solutions accurately model the operational characteristics of various vehicles. QA and Helpdesk support along with documentation. Must be able to multi-task and support more than one project simultaneously .
- Experience in developing desktop 3D applications.
- Experience in developing for Windows and/or Linux/Unix OS.
- Experience developing web/network-based applications.
- Understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio desirable. Model based development highly preferred.
- Understanding and/or experience in Agile Scrum software development process is highly desirable.
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Subversion, git).
- Good written and oral communications skills and the proven ability to work in a team development environment.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in two or more of the following areas: C, C++ or other Object oriented language; Ruby on Rails, CSS, Java, SQL; Opengl, DirectX; OSG or similar scenegraph oriented api’s; Bullet, PhysX or other physics api; GLSL, HLSL, CG or other shader languages.
Education requirments: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Software Engineering.
The AEgis Technologies Group, Inc. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard