The Product Specialist, Medical Equipment, under the direction of the Director, Capital, will support the medical capital equipment acquisition process by providing review of equipment quotes to ensure items are on contract and that terms and conditions and pricing on quotes are consistent. He or she will manage pricing negotiations with vendors as needed. This individual will also support vendor certification, which will include vendor correspondence and review of agreement documents. The Product Specialist will be instrumental in supporting “pre-source” efforts, acting as a coordinator to the Specialty Affinity Groups, Decision Teams, vendor community and The Resource Group. He or she does this while ensuring that equipment contracts are cost-effective, consistent, dependable and clinically acceptable to the Decision Teams or user groups. The specialist will support contract development within The Resource Group’s collaborative user-directed strategic sourcing, implementation, and operations model.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Work within the collaborative model toward the most respected, credible and effective contracting processes in the industry.
- Provide quote reviews on 1,500+ local quotes to determine if requested items are on contract and if the pricing and terms and conditions on the quote are consistent with contract.
- Identify opportunities to strategically leverage $230M in aggregate spend to capture savings opportunities.
- Negotiate with vendors to capture identified savings opportunities and/or correct terms and conditions.
- Provide, collect and coordinate clinical guidance with product categories and identify relevant clinical groups for input within Specialty Affinity Group discussions.
- Leas discussions and strategy sessions with Physicians, Health Ministry Leadership, Ascension Health Leadership and The Resource Group leadership.
- Coordinate certification agreement program, working with vendors to establish certification agreements and ensuring agreements are input to The Resource Group’s contract system. Manage contract files to ensure necessary agreements are current.
- Support initiatives to proactively identify and contract with selected vendors for all necessary equipment in a service category (presourcing) by coordination with Specialty Affinity Groups, vendors, and The Resource Group.
- Facilitate communication of clinically or operationally relevant information such as product recalls/alerts, clinical benefits and educational opportunities, contract announcements and other communication strategies.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor's degree is required; MS, MBA, or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- This position requires four to six years of experience in collaborative supply chain decision processes related to product selection, implementation, or analysis
- Negotiation experience and contracting experience required
- Hospital and/or Medical Industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills
- Contracting and negotiation experience are a plus
- High ethical standards
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...