There is an immediate opening for a Product Strategy Director.
In this position, you will be responsible for creating a portfolio of products that are aligned with the business strategy of the client company.
The product strategy director is accountable in the following areas:
- Define and plan product lines and product enhancements
- Management of product contracts and sales
- Strategic direction based on customer needs and business goals
- Interpret strategic goals into operational tasks
- Make proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed
- Serves as representative to internal and external clients.
- Manages external vendors and deliverables
- Takes lead in establishing tactical plans and objectives
- Develops and implements administrative and operational matters ensuring
achievement of objectives
- Establishes business plan and operational goals
- Evaluates risks and trade-offs; proposes contingency plans
The product strategy director is gives leadership in the following ways:
- Accountable for overall product direction.
- Make key decisions based on risk management and trade-off assessments.
- Act as product evangelist
- Manage product budget
- Anticipate and develop strategies and tactics to meet client business needs
- Participate in strategic decisions that will have long term impact on product success
- Provide business leadership to members of team including developers, contractors, and others
- Provide tactical leadership and general direction to managers and team members.
- Regularly interact with executive management
- Handle controversial and sensitive situations with diplomacy
- Negotiate with clients and customers as well as executives and other directors
- Provide supervisory guidance and mentoring to more junior product managers
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
To be considered for this employment opportunity, email your CV or resume along with a brief cover letter. All personal information sent to us will be directed to one of our professionals and will remain confidential.
Razorwest - 18 months ago