This role is responsible for analyzing and evaluating technical problems and/or functionality questions and determining the best course of action to resolve the problem or inquiry. These issues can be application-specific, and/or related to integrations internal to the product, or with other external applications and data sources.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Function as primary customer contact for all incoming calls and assigned customer cases by providing telephone, web, and email based technical support for products within Verint's Product Suite.
- Ensure the highest level of communication with the customer and meeting our contractual Service level Agreement (SLA) by providing regular updates with respect to progress of each incident, and quickly providing high quality, creative, and timely solutions in a professional manner while demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
- The Product Support Engineer communicates in both a verbal and written format directly with Verint’s customer contacts and will facilitate communications with other members of the Verint organization (sales, services, and product house, etc) as is necessary in the course of problem resolution.
- Technical guidance may be provided by a Senior Product Support Engineer and/or Technical Lead. May collaborate with, or provide guidance to, other members of the team.
- This role works under the general supervision of a Manager and/or Team Leader.
- 4 years of customer contact center or service experience that supports implementation, and troubleshooting of software applications and related technology infrastructure, or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal – ability to tailor the explanation of technical concepts to the audience, may be required to author technical articles to document found solutions
- Knowledge of operating systems, desktop domains(active directory), and Windows security
- Experience in documenting customer issues and solutions and effective verbal and written customer and internal communications
- Experience in effectively dealing with customer service issues & handling customer conflict
- Highly motivated and hands on personality who also enjoys a technical challenge
- Can focus on and achieve productivity targets with minimal oversight
- Time Management & Organization Skills
- Good Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Willingness to demonstrate scheduling flexibility in the interest of customer satisfaction; may be required to participate in on-call rotations consistent with our published on call policy
- May need to accommodate occasional travel
- Successful completion of the background check process, including but not limited to employment, education, criminal convictions, OFAC, SS Verification and credit, where available and in accordance with federal and local regulations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Bachelors degree in an information technology discipline or related field
- Familiarity with use of troubleshooting and diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, NetMon, PerfMon, WinDBG etc., will be a significant plus.
- Prior experience with the installation, support, usage, or administration of Verint software preferred
- Understanding of networking and protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, etc) preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with databases (SQL preferred) – Can interpret schemas, and/or author queries and stored procedures
- Familiarity with Contact Center operations and technology software and tools preferred
- Knowledge of telecom systems (CTI, PBX, VOIP) including switches and protocols preferred
- Knowledge of contact center operations preferred
- Experience in technical writing and documentation
Verint Systems Inc. - 16 months ago