**This is an hourly position with a starting wage of $16.46 in Sanford, NC.**
As a Product Support 1 at Caterpillar Inc., you will under general supervision, perform various activities to test for proper operation and quality issues of BCP machines, performing necessary rework and repair when issues are found and other duties as assigned.
Job duties may include the following:
- Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities
- Operation of Clayton/Sanford built products.
- Perform rework on quality defects that cannot be immediately addressed on the assembly line.
- Support Design Engineers by gathering data for research and evaluations, by conducting technically complex teardowns and assembly of BCP components/equipment.
- Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties and may include the use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
- Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and/or adjustment of components and prime product.
- May conduct assembly on new product introductions according to Engineering schematics.
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- Relies on independent decision- making and problem solving to complete job tasks.
- Must meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Monitor CAT computer systems to conduct hydraulic, electrical, mechanical or other component tests on BCP machines.
- Conduct additional diagnostics and analysis to identify defects and quality issues that are more complex.
Catalogues failures and communicates to relevant personnel as appropriate.
- Cross-functional communication to complete tasks.
- Effective teamwork.
- Provide summaries to leadership.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods;
- Ability to perform repetitive operations;
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Successful completion of Caterpillar Non-Management Selection Process
- 18 months functional area experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jan 19, 2014, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Sanford-SANFORD01-BCP Sanford NC Plant USA
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 7 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...