– Baltimore, Maryland
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Product Technologist Consultant to join our team in Baltimore, Maryland.
This is a full-time post-sales On-Site Systems Engineering (OSE) position. This individual, will work under general direction, and introduce, demonstrate, and familiarize customers with Dell solutions onsite with the customers, as well as assisting them providing knowledge transfer, industry best practices and resolving issues.
- The OSE is chartered to add value, develop and maintain close working relationships with customers’ technical/IS staff and decision-makers.
- Requires the ability to assess and understand a customer’s environment, in order to provide information that is relevant to help customers identify effective solutions, assist with purchasing decisions consistent with their needs, and drive solutions to completion.
- Over time, the OSE will become the “trusted advisor”.
- A candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in IT, technical consulting sales, or computer systems engineering support role involving direct interaction with customers is required.
- Candidate should hold current relevant industry certifications, such as MCP, MCSE, MCITP, VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, SNIA, PMP or possess equivalent knowledge.
- Recent experience demonstrating strong communications, listening, presentation, reporting, and business skills is required.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, and a sales orientation are musts.
- While this is not a sales position, experience in the technical sales process is required.
- Fluency in English required.
- This position requires travel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server OS choices and included services is required.
- Experience in managing or working in a large/complex environment, along with data center infrastructure, clustering, VMware, HyperV, Xen, Symantec/Altiris, EMC, ITIL, or Linux (RHEL, SUSE) experience is a plus.
- The ability to differentiate Dell product strengths versus the competition is preferred.
- Understanding and hands-on knowledge of all offerings by Dell and strategic partners is preferred, with a focus on enterprise solutions, including rack and blade servers, network gear, tiered storage, backup, virtualization, general I/T operations, services, and systems management.
- Understanding and hands-on knowledge of all offerings by Dell and strategic partners is preferred, with a focus on client solutions, including desktop, notebook, workstation, thin clients, and their derivatives, as well as services around the client. This includes, but is not limited to, imaging, systems management, hardware performance, networking solutions, hardware monitoring, and deployment.
- Citrix, VMware, Symantec/Altiris, data encryption, thin/zero client, and Linux (RHEL, SUSE) experience is a plus.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...