Production Advisor directly supervises hourly assembly workers on assigned shifts in the assembly preparation, assembly, repair and production of trucks in accordance with Company policies, Best Practices and applicable laws and governmental regulations.
- Collaborates with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review, and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize efficiency and productivity and drive continuous improvement.
- Effectively responds to issues affecting the preparation, assembly and repair of trucks, with a sense of urgency, to insure maximum efficiency in assembling and transferring product.
- Interfaces with plant management and other supervisory personnel on issues affecting quality, production, materials, engineering and product transfer.
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance and quality detection gates/points performance indicators as a means to improve overall equipment and manufacturing performance efficiency.
- Collaborates with manufacturing/ industrial engineering teams in facilitating timely changes and ensuring accuracy of material information and engineering.
- Directs and manages area of responsibility to meet and achieve Company goals.
- Reviews, prioritizes and assigns assembly work and repair to assigned personnel. Plans work, orders parts and material, schedules work for the assemblers.
- Supports internal and external customers through implementation of Company standards on quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- Enforces Company policies, housekeeping and safety rules; abides by union contract; directs and manages area of responsibility to achieve Company objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to assigned personnel regarding daily assignments, priority setting, and resolving issues that immediately impact product delivery.
- Effectively utilizes manpower within areas of responsibility.
- Implements appropriate processes and procedures to promote optimum efficiency in assembly preparation, assembly, repair and Quality checks.
- Champions Lean activities in assigned areas of responsibility, identifying waste and promoting continuous improvement.
- Promotes a team environment that stresses employee participation and engagement.
- Reviews daily, key performance indicators, to include final assembly and quality gate defects and ensuring a closed loop communication loop between final assembly/repair and the assembly line quality gates.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists workers in solving work problems.
- Provides training, instruction and guidance to direct reports to develop and advance skill levels within all trades.
- Drives a culture that is focused on continuous improvement, positive morale and exceptional levels of customer service
- Effectively utilizes all systems available to include quality deficiency tracking to manage and schedule final preparation, repair and testing.
- Maintains SAP and all payroll reporting systems.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Broad based depth knowledge and experience with assembly of trucks or other diesel powered vehicles and demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and arrive at efficient and effective solutions to quality and mechanical problems arising from the final preparation, testing or repair of post production trucks.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback.
- Advanced ability to identify and solve the root causes of problems using various Lean methods to include 4M, 5why, etc.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance, or ambiguity.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Excellent Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
- Proven ability to manage multiple conflicting projects to successful conclusion.
- Fosters diversity and promotes the development of direct reports through mentoring/ coaching and empowerment to increase skill sets and talent levels of the team.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience based on demonstrated performance in a related Manufacturing manager or supervisor role.
Volvo Group - 2 years ago