This position is responsible for managing daily file transfers, data import/export, as well as data and process quality assurance. Also participate in the Genesis release management process by deploying production changes. This position will require working with internal technical teams, as well as both internal and external customers. Critical aspects of the position include overall quality of file processing, documenting procedures, and implementing change that will increase productivity and/or accuracy.
- Administer file processing and production processes for data sources, systems, and partners.
- Troubleshoot on the production platform to include batch processing, web service transactions, and SQL related issues.
- Work in conjunction with the software development team and internal business teams to deploy builds to the production and test environments.
- Manage change control and release cycles, assisting with data changes, hot fixes, and severity incidents.
- Participate in the IT on-call rotation.
- Provide high quality support and work in a collaborative environment with systems administrators, DBAs, developers, and business stakeholders.
- Continuously audit and analyze all data to ensure high data quality.
- Previous experience coordinating and validating application and deployments, and working in a software development environment.
- Experience with SQL 2008, and either SQL 2008 R2 or SQL 2012.
- Working knowledge of database architecture.
- Knowledge of FTP/SFTP procedures, clients, and processing. Additionally, experience working with and administering a managed file transfer product such as Connect: Direct is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of data processing terminology, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Thoroughly PC literate with advanced knowledge of Windows-based application software.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Experience in the financial industry strongly preferred (lending, credit cards, debt recovery, etc.).
- 4 year degree in computer related field or equivalent experience in computer systems required.
Genesis Financial Solutions, Inc. - 17 months ago