The production area leader OR Manufacturing Manager OR Work Cell Leader is responsible for ensuring performance to established safety, quality and productivity standards and best practices through engagement and involvement of work cell employees. In addition, they will lead the continuous improvement process to optimize safety, quality and productivity within defined manufacturing system and process limits through Area Improvement Teams and other best practice approaches.
o Lead the work Area Team. Communicate and reinforce expectations. Monitor performance and take corrective actions to ensure compliance with SHE and Quality and best practices and productivity targets by executing the performance management process. (i.e. SHE leading indicators, 1 st pass yield, CSR complaints and REM)
o Ensure work cell resources are adequate to meet plan (Right people in the right role at the right time)
o Drive meaningful year-over-year improvement within established boundaries via employee engagement and continuous improvement tools, such as workout, kaizen, lean sigma, etc.
o Participate in the development of work cell operating plan (Key X’s, Labor Plan, Budget etc.) and action plans.
o Support cross functional, plant-wide improvement initiatives (i.e. Ergonomics project)
o Provides visible leadership and involves whole team in improvement activities to grow skills and increase engagement.
o All shift team leaders and area operators have been properly trained and understand SHE, Quality, Productivity and Continuous Improvement processes. Ensure work cell team members are qualified and capable of meeting expectations.
o Accountable for holding team members accountable for their performance, including issuing disciplinary action if necessary
o Accountable for holding team members accountable for their performance, including taking appropriate corrective action and disciplinary action if performance or behavior is not sustained
o Work Cell goals are identified and aligned with operations Key X’s
o Work Cell goals are communicated to the work cell employees
o Shift Team Leader goals are aligned to the work cells performance
- Collaboration and Acts with Integrity
- Performance and Result Orientated
- Decision Making
Work History & Experience
- Bachelors of Science, Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years manufacturing/ engineering leadership role
- An obvious history of roles that clearly demonstrate successful Team Leadership, Problem Solving, Lean Improvement and business results
- Clear understanding of Lean principles with demonstrated utilization and significant results
- Leadership of continuous improvement team initiative with significant results
- Leadership of Six-sigma problem solving team initiatives with significant results
Organizational Knowledge Areas
Experience in CHEMICAL/MATERIALS would be a plus.
- Understand Company Safety Standards and Procedures
- Understand Company Quality System and Procedures
- Understand Manufacturing Planning System and Procedures
- Understand of Area manufacturing processes
- Understand key operational metrics and performance management systems
Must be able to work in USA with no sponsorship.
Monster - 11 months ago